Rick Swanson, M.S.
Learning Meets Quality founder Rick Swanson is a career educator and project manager whose past projects have resulted in hundreds of thousands of dollars saved for his clients. He has led projects in such diverse areas as health and safety, supervisor training, purchasing, and software acquisition. Rick holds degrees in chemistry, education, and history of science, is trained as a Six Sigma Black Belt, and always loves helping a client work through a tough challenge. His clients appreciate his good humor, his grasp of the big picture, and his ability to bring calm and order to chaotic situations.
Rick is an avid photographer, family history researcher, music lover, and advocate for small business and nonprofits. He still practices a little chemistry in the form of wine-making and beer brewing. With his wife, Janet, he co-owns Fox and Swan Arts, a small photography business.
Rick’s StrengthsFinder attributes:
Promote small business and nonprofits in their local communities.
Core Beliefs and Core Values
My core beliefs:
1) Small businesses make communities vibrant.
2) Each day provides an opportunity to improve over yesterday.
3) Building relationships is the most rewarding aspect of operating a small business.
My core values:
1) Spread joy and positive humor
2) Promote arts, music, and culture
3) Embrace intelligence and rational thought
4) Advocate for diversity, including LGBTQI rights
I work in that vibrant space where best practices in learning meet those from quality improvement… where Learning Meets Quality!